Shreya Ghoshal (born March 12, 1984) is an Indian singer. Best known as a playback singer in Hindi films, she also sings in other Indian languages including Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Gujarati, Tamil and Telugu Shreya was a music freak from her childhood. From the age of four, she used to accompany her mother on the harmonium. Her parents enrolled her for formal training in Hindustani classical music in Kota with Maheshchandra Sharma.
But the real revelation to Shreya’s life started when she won the children’s special episode of the Sa Re Ga Ma contest on Zee TV. Kalyanji who judged the competition, convinced her parents to move to Mumbai. She trained with him for 18 months and continued her classical music training with Mukta Bhide in Mumbai. After that incident, there was no looking back in Shreya’s life and she went a long way with her melodious voice, She works hard on every song to create a real masterpiece. Today,
She is contributing to bring out future talents from the country so you can find her as judge in many reality shows that are conducted across all popular television channels. Shreya Ghoshal started her professional career as a playback singer from the Hindi film ‘Devdas’ and she won the National Award and Filmfare Award for ‘Best Female Playback Singer.’ Latest Shreya Ghoshal songs are known for their exquisite melody and perfect singing. Shreya Ghoshal was a judge for Star Voice of India-Chhote Ustaad with singer Kunal Ganjawala and composer Pritam. She was one of the three judges in X Factor India with Sonu Nigam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Shreya Goshal`s career began when she won the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contest as an adult. Her Bollywood playback singing career began with Devdas, for which she received both the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer and the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent. Since then, she has worked in more than 180 films and received four National Film Awards and seven Filmfare Awards.
Ghoshal was born to a Bengali Hindu family in Durgapur, West Bengal. Her ancestors came from the Bikrampur region of Dhaka district, Bangladesh. She grew up in Rawatbhata, a small town near Kota, Rajasthan. She belongs to a highly academic family. Her father, B Ghoshal, works in Bhabha Atomic Research Center as a nuclear power plant engineer for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India her mother is a literature post-graduate.
Shreya Ghoshal Awards and Honors:
- National film award for the years 2003,2006,2008,2009.
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for the years 2003,2004,2008,2009.
- Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent for the year 2003.
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) for the year 2007.
- IIFA Best Female Playback Award for the years 2003,2004,2008,2009.
- Zee Cine Award for Best FemalePlayback Singer for the years 2003,2006,2008.
- Star Screen Award Best Female Playback for the years 2004,2006,2008.
- Apsara Award Best Female Playback Singer for the year 2008,2009,2010
- 2003 – Stardust Award as New Musical Sensation (Female) for Devdas
- 2005 – Andhra Pradesh State Award Best Female Playback Singer for Pillagaali Allari (Athadu) & Neeke Nuvvu (Modati Cinema) (Telugu)
- 2007 – Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Female Playback for Munbe Vaa (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal) (Tamil)
- 2008 – German Public Bollywood Award Best Singer (Female) for Yeh Ishq Haaye (Jab We Met)
- 2008 – Zee Astitva Award for Excellence In Music.
From the age of four Ghoshal accompanied her mother on the harmonium. She got training in Hindustani classical music in Kota with Maheshchandra Sharma. As a child, she won the children`s special episode of the Sa Re Ga Ma (now Sa Re Ga Ma Pa) contest on Zee TV. Kalyanji, who also judged the competition, convinced her parents to move to Mumbai. She trained with Kalyanji for 18 months and continued her classical music training with Mukta Bhide in Mumbai.
She studied at Atomic Energy Central Schools (AECS) at Rawatbhata and Anushaktinagar (Mumbai). After graduation she enrolled at SIES College. Ghoshal caught the attention of a music director Ismail Darbar when she participated in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa for a second time, this time as an adult. In 2000, he offered her the opportunity to be the voice of Paro, the lead female character of the film Devdas, who was portrayed by Aishwarya Rai. Shreya sang five songs in the film. Her performance won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer, as well as Filmfare`s RD Burman Award for New Music Talent, given to upcoming talents in music. She also won the National Film Award for the song “Bairi Piya”.
Shreya Ghoshal Latest Songs List :
- Teri Ore– Singh Is Kinng
- Barso Re – Guru
- Yeh Ishq Hai – Jab We Met
- Agar Tum Mil Jao – Zeher
- Beri Piya – Devdas
- Dola Re Dola– Devdas
- Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka – Devdas
- Cheeni Kum – Cheeni Kum
- Piyu Bole – Parineeta
- Thirak Thirak – Khoya Khoya Chand
- Zoobi Doobi – 3 Idiots
- U Me Aur Hum – U Me Aur Hum
- Jaane Do Na – Cheeni Kum
- Aahista Aahista – Bachna Ae Haseeno
- O Saathi Re – Omkara
- Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai – Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- Pal Pal Har Pal – Lage Raho Munna Bhai
- Kahin Na Laage – Kismat Konnection
- Kyun – Kambakkht Ishq
- Noor E Khuda– My Name Is Khan
- Har Taraf – Saaya
- Chann Chann – Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
- Mere Dholna – Bhool Bhulaiyaa
- Tu Meri Dost Hai – Yuvvraaj
- Leja Leja Re– Ustad and the Divas
- Bepanah Pyaar Hai – Krishna Cottage
- Thode Badmash – Saawariya
- Salaam-e-Ishq – Salaam-e-Ishq
- Main Hoon Na – Main Hoon Na
- Ta Ra Rum Pum – Ta Ra Rum Pum
- Wada Raha Pyar Se – Khakee
- Chalo Tumko Lekar – Jism
- Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai – Jism
- Chori Chori Chupke Chupke– Krrish
- Dholna – Heyy Babyy
- Piya O Re Piya – Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya
- Tere Bina (Female Version) – Tezz- Download
Shreya Ghoshal also sings in many other Indian languages with perfection. She is Bengali by birth, and that is why her Bengali songs are outstanding. However, her songs in Marathi, Guajarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Bhojpuri are equally good and perfect.